In this episode of The Public Sector Show by TechTables, Joe Toste speaks with Sanjay Gupta, CIO of the Small Business Administration (SBA), about the importance of having an agile mindset in developing proactive solutions. Gupta highlights the need to understand both the business and technology landscapes to be able to identify and apply solutions that address business needs. He also emphasizes the importance of delivering tangible value to gain credibility, challenging the status quo, and taking a business approach first with technology as an enabler.
* Sanjay discusses the attributes of implementing solutions at the SBA, such as shared services, reducing IDs, and enterprise SSO initiatives.
* Sanjay emphasizes the importance of having an agile mindset in developing proactive solutions.
* The cloud initiative allowed the SBA to respond expeditiously to the huge volume of transactions during the Covid-19 pandemic.
* Sanjay discusses the importance of understanding the business landscape and recognizing the business drivers.
* Sanjay talks about the Trusted Internet Connections modernization and the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program, which both required discussion, partnership, and collaboration with other constituents and stakeholders to influence and drive change.
* Sanjay highlights the need to deliver tangible value to gain credibility, challenge the status quo, and take a business approach first, with technology as an enabler.
This is a public episode. If you would like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit www.techtables.com